By the end of the 19th century the Imperial Continental Gas Association (ICGA) built two gas plants complexes in Amsterdam: the Eastern Gas Factory (Oostergasfabriek) and the Western Gas Factory (Westergasfabriek). The Western Gas Factory was completed in 1885, strategically located near to water ways, the railway and access roads.
Todaythe former factory ground has turned into a 14 hectare city park. It has become a perfect place to relax in natural surroundings. The buildings in has become venue for digital art and culture and house a a creative environment for enterprising locals and foreign visitors with refreshing ideas.
In connection to the aquatic surroundings in the park elements for recreational purposes has been established. These includes walk decks, bridges and jetties with accompanying sheet piles. All of these constructions has been formed with FSC certified Angelim Vermelho.
|Place of construction:||Westergasfabriek Area|
|Project owned by:|
|Wood supplied by:||Precious Woods and GWW Houtimport|
|FSC License Code:||FSC-C004141 and FSC-C009170|
Decking , Bridges (Parts not in contact with water or ground), Heavy carpentry